Not Just Any Lawyer
To be listed on Jacksonville Find a Lawyer, attorneys must meet high standards:
They must be in good standing with the Florida Supreme Court and be free of any pending disciplinary investigations or proceedings.
They must alert the Jacksonville Bar Association if they are notified that they become the subject of a professional investigation at any time in the future.
They must be approved by the Jacksonville Bar Board of Governors.
They must be a Jacksonville Bar Member.
They must show a personal commitment to professionalism and sign the nine “Commitments to Clients”.
They must carry at least $100,000 in professional liability insurance for all areas but Injury and Accidents which must carry at least $500,000.
They must agree to use and provide a written fee agreement to every client.
They must agree to participate in fee arbitration with a client if necessary.
Please note, any lawyer found to be in violation of any of the above requirements will be immediately placed on suspension and their listing will be immediately removed from public view.
Nine Commitments to Clients
- 1To treat clients with respect and courtesy.
- 2To handle their legal matters competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession.
- 3To charge a reasonable fee and to explain in advance how that fee will be computed and billed.
- 4To return phone calls promptly.
- 5To keep clients informed and provide them with copies of important papers.
- 6To respect my clients decisions on the objectives to be pursued in their case, as permitted by law and the rules of professional conduct, including whether or not to settle their case.
- 7To work with other participants in the legal system to make our legal system more accessible and responsive.
- 8To preserve the clients confidences learned during our lawyer-client relationship.
- 9To exhibit the highest degree of ethical conduct in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.